Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pride creeped in, washed humility away

Day passed, years passed.  I was reminded of the flight from Los Angeles to Malaysia. I vowed to serve my family with all my heart, mind and body. The vow diminishes simply within one year. Now, I am being served. Holy Spirit rebuked but body overpower. Finally today, I was reminded and asked to wash the feets of my family members. I was double minded but knew I have to do or not I might never get to the new state God has for me. Obediently did it.

Tears falling through while explaining, I am embarrass to say as servant of God who lost the art of serving. I was broken the very moment, I was humbled when I touched my dad's feet.

Dad,
I always thought you a loser,
But today God made me to honor you,
My pride shattered like mirror,
Humbled in heart to see a man who was lost as me.
I realized I am not any different than you.

Tears overflowed, servarthood rebirth.

Mom,
I thought I am everything for you,
But today I saw I did nothing to be that everything,
Regrets shadowed brokenness appeared,
An example of living sacrifice I saw in her tears,
I want to be just like you.

Tears overflowed,  sacrificial love rebirth.

Navin and Jivian,
I forgot our journey to better life,
But today God made me to love you exactly for who you are,
Hatred reminded,  Mercy of God resurfaced,
I am nobody to judge, I never leave.
Because Jesus didn't either.

Tears overflowed,  character built.

Pride you have no room in me, you have brought humiliation!
Humility I welcome you for God's presence evolve around me!
Yeshua you I want to imitate.  Take me to through another journey. Lesson learnt!

Sathiya Seelan
30th Oct 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment